Assistant Marketing Manager (OTC)
|Job Title||Assistant Marketing Manager – OTC Category & Product Management and Development|
|Department||Marketing, OTC/Consumer Health Division|
|Contract type||Full-time employment|
|Reports to||Marketing Director|
|Workstation||Office based, at 243 A De La Thanh, Ha Noi, Vietnam|
|Compensation||Monthly salary around $1,100 – 1,350 + bonus (negotiable based on qualification and experience); 13th months’ salary; 15 days paid leave and other benefits as per Vietnam laws.|
|Responsible for:||OTC Brand/Product/Category Management and Development|
Golden Choice Co., Ltd is a private Vietnamese company established in 2013 with the sole purpose to distribute pharmaceuticals and medical devices in Vietnam. Golden Choice is DKT International strategic partner in family planning, HIV prevention and safe abortion product lines. Under the trademark licensing agreement with DKT International, Golden Choice Co., Ltd has the right to exclusively distribute DKT branded condoms and contraceptive pills, MVA, IUDs and other products across Vietnam.
DKT International (hereafter referred as DKT or DKT Vietnam), a global not-for-private profit organization based in Washington-DC, USA, is one of the world’s largest private providers of family planning, HIV prevention and safe abortion products and services. DKT combines private-sector marketing techniques, cutting-edge technologies, and creative advertising to ensure women and men have the knowledge, products and services they need when required. DKT has offices in 24 countries and covers over 90 markets.
DKT Vietnam, also in charge of the expansion into Cambodia and Laos, and Golden Choice work together to find innovative, impactful and adventurous ways to increase awareness/education as well as access to and availability of high quality, safe and affordable contraceptives to improve Vietnamese, Cambodian and Laos people’s sexual and reproductive health.
Our Vision and Mission
Golden Choice and DKT International will build on this core to become the leading aggregator of sexual and reproductive health products and technologies in Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos. We are creating a world where women are empowered to live their lives to the fullest. This aspiration is captured in the company’s Vision & Mission statements below:
DKT provides couples with affordable and safe options for family planning, safe abortion, and HIV prevention through dynamic social marketing.
A world where all children are wanted, the sex is great, and people are free.
We work to:
Increase the availability and affordability of a full spectrum of modern birth control methods.
Strengthen the supply chain to increase availability of contraception and improve method mix variety to cater for different needs of people and markets.
Increase knowledge and understanding as well as inspire new contraceptive users through clever branding, advertising and educational campaigns.
The Assistant Marketing Manager (AMM) will oversee our range of OTC products, including but not limited to, oral contraceptives, emergency contraceptives, condoms in Vietnam and expansion into Cambodia and Laos. The AMM will lead the development of regional marketing objectives, strategies and then execute the plans all the while ensuring we’re building strong brand equity and delivering against sales volume, market share, and profit targets. In addition, s/he will need to understand the need and demand for all contraceptive methods to inform a solid route to market for all OTC products. This role is required to provide strategic, critical and innovative thinking, operational excellence and consumer centricity to accelerate product, business and market development and growth across our OTC/consumer health portfolio.
The Assistant Marketing Manager – OTC Category & Product Management and Development main responsibilities are, not limited to, described as follow:
Strategy & Management:
- Create strategic marketing plan – Develop, implement and analyze marketing and communication plans, including promotional calendars and programs, new product development and introductions and other projects for OTC/consumer health division – both direct to consumers and healthcare professionals (ie: pharmacist), ATL & BTL marketing activities.
- Lead product development holistically from deep market analysis and research to launch and product distribution within the target market.
- Ensure marketing activities comply with relevant Acts, legal demands, ethical standards and Corporate Business and Safety procedures.
- Overall Monitor P&L for OTC/consumer health division.
- Perform in depth return on investment analysis, productivity related to all marketing activities and campaigns.
- Actively participate, contribute and lead in the Brand and Portfolio Development Sessions, Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) with the Leadership Team.
- Work closely with other departments, especially with sales team on company initiatives to ensure the best marketing effectiveness for OTC Channels.
- Produce comprehensive and detailed reports with conclusions and recommendations.
- Perform constant market visit to understand the situation of the pharmaceutical market (ie: consumer, competition, suppliers), out current product portfolio, and its related information, also as our current state of OTC Channels
- Understand the consumer healthcare business environment, government policies; distribution channels; pricing strategies, business models etc.
- Research, analyze, decide, and develop market, and strategic products.
- Advise on conducting competitor and market analysis, ensure all materials and activities are aligned with forecasting in timely manner.
- Regular visits to key distributors, distributors customers and other main stakeholders [ie: trainers, Key Opinion Leaders (KOL), universities government officials, implementing partners] to understand market and customer needs and develop solid projects and partnerships.
Branding & Product Awareness:
- Act as brand, product and category owner – the in-house expert/repository of information on all thing’s OTC/consumer health division.
- Focal point for all OTC/consumer health brand and product knowledge training (directly or via third-party approved trainers) activities for our own and distributors marketing and sales force as well as potential stakeholders (ie: pharmacists, medical doctors nurses, midwives)
- Manage external communications to strengthen and further corporate brands
- Conduct branding, marketing and communication activities to enhance brand image and value in the eyes of all our stakeholders, in particular the end user.
- Constantly seek and review feedbacks and suggestions relating to assigned brand/products and develop action plans to address those to achieve the KPI targets.
- Lead and manage the development of marketing briefs for campaign and Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials development (design, production, communication and distribution), as per brand guideline.
- Lead relationship building and nurturing with key stakeholders (ie: distributors, distributors customers, creative agencies/media partners, KOL/champions/ambassadors, trainers, freelancers/consultants, government, partners etc) for the OTC/consumer health division.
- Source, evaluate, negotiate and manage contracts with service providers to guarantee advantageous terms and effective contract delivery.
- Coordinate with sales team and all support functions for effective execution.
- Support other department to go forward with company mission.
- Relationships and Roles – Internal/External Cooperation
- Demonstrate ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees
- Build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all support departments
- Cooperate and support all other heads of Department such as Accounting; Sale Dept.; Legal & RA Dept.
- Distributors & Retailers
- Advertising Agencies
- End Users
Qualifications and Skills Required
Education and experience:
- Bachelor/master’s degree with a science stream, such as pharmacy, nursing, biology, medicine. Other degrees with the Commerce stream (ie: Marketing, Business Administration) are also encouraged to apply.
- At least 5 years of working experience in similar position (Brand/Product/Category Management) with increased responsibility, scope of work. Regional/international experience would be a plus.
- Experience with re-branding, brand building, product development from inception to launch is essential.
- Proven experience in working with/supporting sales teams and other partners within the pharmaceutical/medical devices/FMCG industries is essential.
- Bring along a good network of contacts within our sectors/field (ie: pharmacies/pharmacists within traditional and modern trade, doctors/nurses, trainers, government and NGO partners, creative/media agencies, tech companies) that may be crucial to the advancement of our social mission.
- Proven excellent negotiation and relationship building/management and crisis management skills.
- Proven excellent knowledge and deep experience in deploying distribution channels and/or Omni channels
- Proven experience and deep knowledge in complex business management, strategic knowledge of marketing field and product training and IEC activities.
- Relevant experience in product development planning, regulatory affairs and laws affecting OTC marketing communication.
- Must observe our values: treat people well; Entrepreneurialism; Results Oriented; Anti-bureaucracy; Deep Trust and Fun.
- Strategic and critical thinker – willing to think (quick) out of the box and turn ideas into action. Analytical!
- Innovator – always looking for better results; very curious. Quick thinker!
- Networker – excited about meeting new people, and searching for opportunities to collaborate.
- Good listener – hear what the market, customers, consumer need and wish are key to a success business.
- A well-organized leader – Self-motivated, attentive to detail and unafraid of making decisions.
- Risk taker – trying new ideas and learning from mistaken are encouraged. That’s how we learn.
- Doer – proactive, active and a doer – get your hands dirty kind of person.
- Owner – strong sense of accountability to drive business toward sustainable growth.
- Flexible – able to work under tight deadlines and travel around. Meet wonderful people while exploring some cool places in Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos.
- Communicator – Excellent Vietnamese and English speaking and writing skills and ability to effectively engage) speak in public) with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, in particular Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
How to apply
Send your resume/CV and a one-page cover letter detailing how your experience and achievements to date would add value and make a difference to DKT and Golden Choice mission and vision to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 15th 2023.
Strong candidates may be interviewed before the closing date.