Sales and Distribution Manager – Cambodia
|Job Title||Sales and Distribution Manager|
|Department||Sales and Distribution|
|Contract type||Full-time employment|
|Reports to||Sales & Distribution Director|
|Workstation||Mostly field position based in Phnom Penh, Cambodia|
|Compensation||Negotiable, based on experience|
|Responsible for:||Overall sales and distribution operation management, including product introduction, detailing, training and stakeholder/distributor relationship building and management|
Golden Choice Co., Ltd is a private Vietnamese company established in 2013 with the sole purpose to distribute pharmaceuticals and medical devices in Vietnam. Golden Choice is DKT International strategic partner in family planning, HIV prevention and safe abortion product lines. Under the trademark licensing agreement with DKT International, Golden Choice Co., Ltd has the right to exclusively distribute DKT branded condoms and contraceptive pills, MVA, IUDs and other products across Vietnam.
DKT International (hereafter referred as DKT or DKT Vietnam), a global not-for-private profit organization based in Washington-DC, USA, is one of the world’s largest private providers of family planning, HIV prevention and safe abortion products and services. DKT combines private-sector marketing techniques, cutting-edge technologies, and creative advertising to ensure women and men have the knowledge, products and services they need when required. DKT has offices in 24 countries and covers over 90 markets.
DKT Vietnam, also in charge of the expansion into Cambodia and Laos, and Golden Choice work together to find innovative, impactful and adventurous ways to increase awareness/education as well as access to and availability of high quality, safe and affordable contraceptives to improve Vietnamese, Cambodian and Laos people’s sexual and reproductive health.
Our Vision and Mission
Golden Choice and DKT Vietnam will build on this core to become the leading aggregator of sexual and reproductive health products and technologies in Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos. We are creating a world where women are empowered to live their lives to the fullest. This aspiration is captured in the company’s Vision & Mission statements below:
DKT provides couples with affordable and safe options for family planning, safe abortion, and HIV prevention through dynamic social marketing.
A world where all children are wanted, the sex is great, and people are free.
We work to:
Increase the availability and affordability of a full spectrum of modern birth control methods.
Strengthen the supply chain to increase availability of contraception and improve method mix variety to cater for different needs of people and markets.
Increase knowledge and understanding as well as inspire new contraceptive users through clever branding, advertising and educational campaigns.
Golden Choice is looking for dynamic, committed, and success-driven candidates for the position of Sales and Distribution Manager to successfully lead our expansion into and manage our operations in Cambodia. Candidate must possess strong leadership, relationship and market knowledge qualities start and run this interesting project.
The Sale and Distribution Manager will act as key link between our company and our distributors and partners and will aim at meeting and exceeding sale and marketing objectives.
In addition, the Sale and Distribution Manager mission is to find, select, develop and maintain potential partners into our value chain to increase the visibility and awareness of our company’s pharmaceutical and medical products and maximize sales growth and health impact (CYPs).
The Sales and Distribution Manager main responsibilities and roles in Cambodia are, not limited to, described as follow:
- Support the Sales and Distribution Director and the leadership team to establish corporate strategic plans and Go To Market (GTM) objectives for the territory.
- Make recommendations and decisions in conjunction with Sales and Distribution Director and leadership team on all commercial matters and ensures the effective achievement of the agreed business objectives, sales targets (CYP, volume, revenue and profitability) and sales Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Conduct supportive supervision visits to pharmacies, doctors and hospital/clinics to continuously improve sales force work performance.
- Conduct regular market visits to check route coverage, competitor activities, market intel and continuous search for new opportunities in order to increase sales.
- Establish and ensure that all sales administration procedures relating to the region are properly implemented in order to motivate sales teams to succeed.
- Generate sales directly and through sales distributors sales teams ensuring adequate distribution coverage and penetration for the company’s products.
- Provide business partners with information about new or improved products and services in order to improve sales.
- Develop and maintain an efficient distribution network to ensure company products are available across the region and in channels of distribution such as hospital, clinics and individual healthcare providers, both in the public and private sectors.
- Ensure achievement of sales fundamentals (coverage, distribution, visibility, product knowledge, merchandizing and pricing) for the region.
- Liaise with the marketing team to ensure adequate marketing support by way of merchandising to provide brands availability and visibility.
- Implement and monitor trade promotions, incentive programs to develop the best sales network and outcome.
- Build relationships with each customer on a foundation of “mutual benefit/profitability” from Golden Choice/DKT brands, help customers plan order volume and frequency.
- Achieve assigned number of sales calls daily to meet monthly sales volume, revenue and CYPs targets and cash collection.
- Ensure sales force route plan and travels are planned and executed effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to arrange and facilitate training/Continued Medical Education (CME) in coordination with professional medical institutions to our own and distributors marketing and sales force, healthcare providers, etc.
- Regularly interact with leadership team, distributors/customers, wholesales/retailers, service providers to implement product and service positioning strategies.
- Produce accurate monthly and quarterly sales performance reports, stock reconciliation reports, sales forecast etc to the Sales and Distribution Director.
- Relationships and Roles – Internal/External Cooperation
- Demonstrate ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees
- Build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working relationships with all support functions.
- Cooperate and support all other heads of Department such as Accounting; Sale Dept; Marketing Dept
- Distributors and its customers
- Obgyn, nurses, midwives’ association
- Ministry of Health and other government bodies
- Implementing partners (NGOs), tech partners etc.
- End user/consumer
Qualifications and Skills Required
Education and experience:
- Bachelor/master’s degree with a science stream, such as pharmacy, nursing, biology, medicine. Other degrees with the Commerce stream (ie: Marketing, Business Administration) are also encouraged to apply.
- Minimum 5 years of proven work experience as National Sales Manager or Sales Manager of Fast-Moving Consumer Good (FMCG) company or within the pharmaceutical industry with increased responsibility, scope of work. Highly knowledgeable in sales and medical detaining of pharmaceutical/medical devices.
- Prior experience launching products, GTM and growing sales of contraceptive products in Cambodia or within Southeast Asia region would be an advantage.
- Bring along a good network of contacts within our sectors/field (ie: pharmacies/pharmacists within traditional and modern trade, doctors/nurses/midwives, trainers/universities, government and NGO partners, creative/media agencies, tech companies, etc) that may be crucial to the advancement of our social mission.
- Relevant experience/knowledge in product development planning, regulatory affairs, pharma business environment and practices and laws affecting pharma/medical devices marketing and sales.
- Developing quality reports in Word/PPT and good knowledge of MS Office, in particular Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Candidate is expected to hold a driving license and own his own vehicle (car preferably).
- Must observe our values: treat people well; Entrepreneurialism; Results Oriented; Anti-bureaucracy; Deep Trust and Fun.
- Strategic and critical thinker – willing to think (quick) out of the box and turn ideas into actions. Analytical!
- Innovator – always looking for better results; very curious. Quick thinker!
- Networker – excited about meeting new people, and searching for opportunities to collaborate.
- Good listener – hear what the market, customers, consumer need and wish are key to a success business.
- A well-organized leader – Self-motivated, attentive to detail, unafraid of making decisions and ability to work effectively with limited supervision.
- Risk taker – trying new ideas and learning from mistaken are encouraged. That’s how we learn.
- Hands-on – proactive, active and a doer – excited about getting your hands dirty.
- Owner – strong sense of accountability to drive business toward sustainable growth.
- Flexible – able to work under tight deadlines and constantly travel around (50-60%+) in Cambodia or Vietnam and Laos. You are excited about meeting people while exploring some cool places.
- Communicator – Excellent English and Khmer speaking and writing skills and ability to effectively engage/negotiate/ (speak in public) with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Positive team-player – a positive attitude, adding value to your colleagues, partners, customers and our business as a whole.
How to apply
Send your resume/CV and a one-page cover letter detailing how your experience and achievements to date would add value and make a difference to DKT and Golden Choice mission and vision to email@example.com by February 15th 2023.
Strong candidates may be interviewed before the closing date.